The 16 to 19 Bursary Fund is a government scheme to help young people facing financial hardship to stay in full-time education.
The Bursary Fund has two elements – the Vulnerable Bursary and the Discretionary Bursary.
You could receive up to £1200 if:
- you are in local authority care (in care) or
- you have recently left local authority care (care leaver) or
- you receive Income Support or Universal Credit in your own name or
- you are disabled and receive both Employment Support Allowance AND Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payments (PIP) in your own name
You may be eligible for a discretionary bursary if:
- you have been in receipt of Free School Meals or
- your household income is less than £25,000
The awards will be dependent on good behaviour and good attendance.