The Local Governing Body is committed to realising the vision that Cleeve Park School will become an outstanding provider of education.
Through a proactive process of support and challenge we will strive to ensure that:
- every student reaches their full potential
- the quality of teaching and learning is of the highest standard
- students intellectual, social, moral and emotional development is enhanced at every opportunity
- all students are empowered to respond and succeed in a dynamic world
We currently have 12 governors:
- 1 Head Teacher
- 1 Staff Governors
- 2 Parent Governors
- 7 Appointed Governors
Chair of Governors: Olayinka Williams, appointed governor
Please see the menu on the left for details of our current and recent LGB members. If you wish to contact governors, please do so via the school contact details.
There are four meetings of the full Local Governing Body each academic year. In addition to this, there are two committees who have delegated responsibility laid out in their terms of reference.
Strategic Standards Committee
The Strategic Standards Committee strives to provide all students with outstanding educational experiences, where there is significant growth in students’ knowledge, resulting in exceptional achievement and students being fully equipped for the next stage in their careers.
The committee will ensure that:
- Curriculum developments are responsive to national reform and inspire all learners and ensure high standards.
- Attainment towards targets is monitored throughout the academic cycle and is challenged where required.
- They are fully involved within the development and application of initiatives to support the progress of learning and raising the expectations of our students.
- They support the development of an inspiring environment which excites creative imagination.
The Business committee supports and advises on setting and reviewing budgets and ensuring resources are allocated in line with the School Improvement Plan. It ensures that the school has a well-qualified, and committed and supported staff team, so that the best educational opportunities are offered to all students.
The committee will:
- Monitor the efficient use of funds, ensuring that the school remains solvent.
- Strive to ensure resources are available and effectively utilised.
- Monitors the use of pupil premium to ensure barriers to learning are overcome and that all students are able to achieve.
- Ensure that the school premises provide a safe environment in which to learn and work.
- Ensure that the school’s recruitment and retention practices, which follow safeguarding and safer recruitment guidelines, ensure the appointment of outstanding staff.
- Value staff as individuals and ensure high quality effective continuing professional development is offered to enhance their professional skills.
- Ensure high professional standards are maintained through robust performance management and disciplinary systems.
- Annually review the staffing structure and staff performance.
In addition to these two committees, there is a Pay Committee who meet once a year to consider and agree pay recommendations.