National Quality in Careers Standard Award
Cleeve Park School are committed to work towards the Quality in Careers Standard Award.
The National Quality in Careers Standard awarded by Prospects is designed to accredit good practice and encourage development in Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) in schools, academies, college, special schools and smaller and units.
The standards are regularly reviewed and updated to reflect local and national developments. If a school or college is accredited with this standard, it can feel confident it is meeting national requirements and good practice guidelines.
- The government strongly recommends that all schools and colleges work toward the updated Quality in Careers Standard………to support development of a world-class careers programme for all their young people.
- Quality standards lead to better careers and guidance programmes because they help institutions continuously improve their careers work.
- Working towards the Quality in Careers Standard gives CEIAG a higher profile and increases the involvement of senior managers and, especially governors
- Holding The Quality in Careers Standard demonstrates to those outside the institution (for example OfSTED/Education and Training Inspectorate) that a high standard has been reached.
In December 2017 the Department of Education ‘expects’ all schools and colleges to work towards the Gatsby Benchmarks now, and to meet them by the end of 2020. There are eight Gatsby Benchmarks that need to be present in an institution if young people are to raise their aspirations and capitalise on the opportunities available to them.
The eight Benchmarks are:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each student
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal Guidance