Covid19 - Resource List from Bexley Council - Dec 2020
Please see below the latest COVID-19 resources provided by Bexley S.H.I.E.L.D. Safeguarding Partnership for Children and Young People
Please see below for the latest COVID-19 Resources we’ve been made aware of.
COVID-19 Resources – 11 December 2020
- Making a Christmas bubble with friends and family, Cabinet Office, 3 December 2020
- Making a childcare bubble with another household, Department of Health and Social Care, 8 December 2020
- Guidance for parents and carers of children attending out-of-school settings during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, Department for Education, Updated 27 November 2020
Domestic abuse services:
- Free & confidential support for anyone in Bexley, Solace poster
- Domestic Abuse Services in Bexley (includes links to local and national support services)
Guide on how to make a silent 999 call, Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC)
Mental health and emotional wellbeing:
- MIND in Bexley are still taking referrals and doing virtual appointments. The Crisis Café remains open and is seeing clients face-to-face. Details available here.
- Cocoon Family Support offers free peer support groups and low-cost individual counselling for parents struggling with their mental health during pregnancy and early parenthood. They offer support to both mums and dads. Due to Covid-19 they have moved all their support online including their Bexley Perinatal Peer Support Group on a Monday 1-2pm. Further details of these and other services including training for professionals and peer support consultancy are available here.
- Mindful Mums and Being Dad are offering online support sessions for expectant / new mums & dads in Bexley, Bromley, Lewisham and Greenwich. Due to Covid-19 these are currently being offered via Zoom. Mindful Mums is on Wednesdays 11.30am–12.15pm and Fridays 1-1.45pm. Being Dad is on Tuesdays 8pm-9pm. For further information including details of how to join in, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Coronavirus: dealing with bereavement and grief, Cruse Bereavement Care
- Supporting bereaved children during the outbreak, Childhood Bereavement Network
- Coronavirus: support for bereaved children and young people, National Children’s Bureau